Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-format-patch, git-send-email: generate/handle escaped >From

From: Paolo Bonzini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:52:12 +0200

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> 
>> But of course, which conversion you want depends entirely on what you
>> are going to feed it to, and which mbox they are expecting. Which is why
>> it really should be configurable.
>>
>> Your use case looks to be feeding it to send-email
> 
> Almost, :-) because git-send-email does not support sending multiple 
> messages out of one mbox file.  I have an upcoming patch to add this 
> support, and I was just "feeling the waters" before posting it.

I decided that it's easier to support sending a single mbox file with 
this alias instead:

send-mbox = "!bash -ec 'eval f=\\$$#; eval set -- `seq -f\"\\$%.0f\" 1 
$(($#-1))`; if last=`mkdir .mboxsplit && git mailsplit -d4 -o.mboxsplit 
-b -- \"$f\"`; then echo Found $last messages in \"$f\"; git send-email 
\"$@\" .mboxsplit && rm -rf .mboxsplit; else rm -rf .mboxsplit; fi' -"

So, patch withdrawn.  I don't think I'll post the patches in my 
mailsplit-with-sendemail branch.

Paolo