Subject: wsfix alias

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 22:54:39 +0200

Larry D'Anna wrote:
> * Andreas Ericsson ([email-masked]) [090709 03:04]:
>> I do have one alias, which is "wsfix". It fixes whitespace fsckups I've
>> added to the index but not yet committed to the worktree. It's not a
>> particularly complex one, but not exactly simple either.
> 
> oooh, i can has?
> 
>       --larry

These are quite stupid and can lose data for you. Please use with some care.
Oh, and I lied. I have two aliases. wsfixi is the one that applies staged
stuff. wsfix fixes all whitespace errors since the last commit and stages
all changes in the index. Again, use with care, and don't hang me if they
break your day ;-)

Mind the wrapping if your mua does things like that.

[alias]
  wsfix = !git diff HEAD >P.diff && git reset --hard && git apply --whitespace=fix P.diff && rm -f P.diff
  wsfixi = !git diff --cached >P.diff && git reset && git apply --whitespace=fix P.diff && rm -f P.diff

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.