Subject: Re: External Diff Tool

From: Eric Stegemoller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:22:25 -0400

Bert Wesarg wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 22:16, Eric Stegemoller<[email-masked]> wrote:
>   
>> Hello,
>>
>>  git config --global diff.tool TestTool
>>  git config --global difftool.TestTool.cmd ""c:/TestTool/test.exe" "$LOCAL"
>>     
> Try with quoting the " inside the config value:
>
>   git config --global difftool.TestTool.cmd "\"c:/TestTool/test.exe\"
> \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\""
>   
> Bert
>   
Thanks, but this did not solve it. Interestingly, I have captured the 
command line that is sent out by GIT and it is calling the correct 
program but not adding anything to the command line. So, nothing is 
there. Seeing this I have been experimenting around with the parameters 
and I still it is calling the correct program but sending a blank 
command line. Any suggestions on how to pursue this?

Eric