Subject: Using both JGit and C Git

From: Semen Vadishev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 22:05:21 +0400

Hello everyone,

I'm working on git client written in Java. Now the application uses both
implementations but our team is interested in switching to JGit
completely some day. We consider that for the first version all
read-only operations should be implemented with JGit and read-write
functionality should use exec calls to git executable. We would keep
that approach until we have even the smallest suspect that pure Java
implementation could corrupt repository somehow. Also we have a number
of read-write operations implemented with JGit and we will use them
internally to collect more experience and to see if any problems will
appear.

Does anyone here already have any experience with using both JGit and C
Git together. Is there any kind of test suites which allow to check
JGit's behavior on different platforms comparing with native git. Is
there any known issues/workarounds? Any feedback is much appreciated.

I've noticed that such a question was raised here, but the answers are
probably out of date now.

Thanks in advance!
-- Semyon.