Subject: Diffing M$-Word

From: "Dr. Lars Hanke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 19:02:53 +0200

At work I have to write a lot of reports using M$-Word and found that 
git is capable of managing these in an easy and meaningful way. However, 
diffing of course does not work. I checked the web for solutions, but 
somehow, I did not hit the correct search pattern.

I think it should be possible to define Word itself as the external diff 
tool, as described in one of today's posts

 >  git config --global diff.tool TestTool
 >  git config --global difftool.TestTool.cmd "C:/Programme/Microsoft 
Office/Office/Winword.exe" "\$LOCAL" "\$REMOTE" "\\mSomething"

i.e. open both versions and auto-execute a macro, which in turn will do 
the compare. Well, just an idea, my knowledge about the M$ and Windoze 
in general stuff is weak. Has this or something else been tried? Is 
there any howto for this around?

Probably a similar approach could be chosen for OOo - for me as a 
TeXnician, using git is straight forward anyhow. ;)

Regards,
 - lars.