Subject: Re: [PATCH] push: point to 'git pull' and 'git push --force' in case of non-fast forward

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 21:46:11 +0200

Matthieu Moy venit, vidit, dixit 07.08.2009 21:21:
> Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> May I suggest "Some push was rejected because it would not result in a
>> fast forward:\n Merge in the remote changes (using git pull) before
>> pushing yours\n or use..."?
> 
> Are you sure this is "Some push _was_ ..."? In the general case,
> several branches are rejected, so that would be "were", no?
> 

Well, I'm certainly sure about the "yours" vs "your's" and about the
rewording of "due to".

If you want plural then please use "Some pushes were". I suggested the
singular, "A push was" or "Some push was". "Some" can denote an amount
but it is also used as a determiner in sentences like: "Some guy here
pretends to know English although he's not a native speaker." That would
be me :)

We don't know how many pushes failed, only that at least one did. Being
a mathematician I have to use the singular here, but feel free to use
the plural (also for the noun).

Cheers,
Michael