Subject: Re: [PATCH] git submodule summary: add --files option

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 13:40:55 +0200

Lars Hjemli schrieb:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 21:52, Junio C Hamano<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> git submodule summary is providing similar functionality for submodules as
>>> git diff-index does for a git project (including the meaning of --cached).
>>> But the analogon to git diff-files is missing, so add a --files option to
>>> summarize the differences between the index of the super project and the
>>> last commit checked out in the working tree of the submodule.
>>>
>>> Signed-off-by: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
>> Makes sense to me.  Comments?
> 
> Acked-by: Lars Hjemli <[email-masked]> with a tiny fixup:
> 
> --- a/Documentation/git-submodule.txt
> +++ b/Documentation/git-submodule.txt
> @@ -129,7 +129,7 @@ summary::
>         in the submodule between the given super project commit and the
>         index or working tree (switched by --cached) are shown. If the option
>         --files is given, show the series of commits in the submodule between
> -       the index of super project the and the working tree of the submodule
> +       the index of the super project and the working tree of the submodule
>         (this option doesn't allow to use the --cached option or to provide an
>         explicit commit).

Yup, sentence this makes much more sense now ... :-)

Shall i send an updated patch?

Jens