Subject: Re: [msysGit] Re: [PATCH 02/11] Fix declare variable at mid of function

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:21:29 +0200

Johannes Schindelin schrieb:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Johannes Sixt wrote:
>> Johannes Schindelin schrieb:
>>> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Frank Li wrote:
>>>> I have push my change to tgit
>>>> git://repo.or.cz/tgit.git
>>>> branch vcpatch2
>>>>
>>>> How do I know if patch has been applied main line?
>>> I applied them to 4msysgit.git's devel.  Note that I had a strange 
>>> merge conflict in pager.c: you replaced and #ifndef __MINGW32__ with 
>>> an #ifndef WIN32, but I don't have that #ifndef at all.
>> 4msysgit has my "Windows: Better support PAGER settings with spaces in 
>> the path", which removes the #ifndefs, Frank's version doesn't have it. 
>> Therefore, you should not rebase Frank's patches on top of 4msysgit's 
>> master or devel before they are merged into git.git.
> 
> Well, I wanted to give them a little bit more visibility by putting them 
> into 4msysgit.git, as I think the best way to get Microsoft Visual C++ 
> support into git.git _is_ via 4msysgit.git.

Even more so should you keep the original patches (in this case at least),
not rebased ones. It is unlikely that "Windows: Better support PAGER..."
will be in git.git _before_ Frank's MINGW32->WIN32 conversion patch.

-- Hannes