Subject: Re: [Vcs-fast-import-devs] bzr to git syncing

From: Ian Clatworthy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:49:43 +1000

Sverre Rabbelier wrote:
> Heya,
> 
> [+vcs-fast-import-devs]
> 
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:47, Alex Bennee<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 2009/8/28 Sverre Rabbelier <[email-masked]>:
>>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 09:02, Alex Bennee<[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> I've attached the fast-import crash I'm seeing. Are you seeing the
>>>> same sort of failure?
>>> The program you used to generate the stream (I assume git-bzr?) is
>>> generating an invalid mode, git understands '100644', '100755',
>>> '120000', and '160000'; the mode in the stream, '040000', is not
>>> something we understand.
>> Yeah, it seems in bzr land it mean new directory which we don't care
>> about.

> This seems like a fine case for the new 'feature' command on bzr's export side.

Hmm - I only added that 040000 stuff late last week and it *should* only
be output if you explicitly ask for extended metadata from bzr
fast-export via the --no-plain option? If that's not the case, please
raise a bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-fastimport.

Ian C.