Subject: Re: [git-svn] always prompted for passphrase with subversion 1.6

From: Tim Potter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:58:46 +1000

Eric Wong wrote:
> Tim Potter <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Hi everyone.  I am using git-svn with the Subversion 1.6 client compiled
>> with GNOME Keyring support.  This neat features allows a SSL client
>> certificate password to be cached inside GNOME Keyring instead of being
>> prompted to enter it every time.  However the git-svn script doesn't
>> appear to know about this and always prompts for a password.
>>
>> Obviously there's some tweak required in the _auth_providers()
>> subroutine but I don't know enough about the Subversion Perl client to
>> figure out a fix.
>>
>> Has anyone else run in to this problem?  I did a quick search on the
>> list but didn't find anything relevant.
> 
> Hi Tim,
> 
> I think one user wanted to get SSL certificate authentication going but
> my SSL knowledge was too weak at the time[1] and I think we both forgot
> about it or lost interest.

Hi Eric.  Thanks for the reply.

It's probably just a matter of adding another entry to the
_auth_providers() function in git-svn.  My thought was that there might
be a new auth provider in the Subversion 1.6 client library for GNOME
Keyring support that could be used for this.

I'll have a search through and see what I can find.

Regards,

Tim.