Subject: SmartGit, a new GUI front-end for Git

From: Thomas Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 09:54:13 +0200

Hi all,

We would like to announce a new milestone build of our Git client "SmartGit"
(don't be offended by the name, it's historically based) which we feel is
ready now for a broader audience. SmartGit is quite stable and we want to
invite everyone who is interested in giving it a try:

 http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/index.html

Please don't expect all Git features and options implemented. We have
tried to first concentrate on the most important ones - from our rather
novice Git perspective.

SmartGit runs on all operating systems which support a full Java 1.5
implementation, including virtually all Linux versions, OS X 10.4 - 10.6 and
Windows 2000 or newer. It requires a Git installation, although a couple of
time-critical operations are handled by the JGit library.

We appreciate your feed-back in our mailing list

 http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/community.html

or directly to us ([email-masked]). SmartGit 1.0 is planned to be
released free of charge for non-commercial use or to active members of the
Open Source community. Each pre-release build expires 3 months after the
build-date.

At this occasion I would also like to express my appreciation to the
community for this great DVCS you have built. Approx. a 3/4 year ago I've
started to use Git. Although I had some starting problems with it using the
Git command line (mostly on Windows), I need to say that over time I really
fell in love with Git and its elaborate foundations and feature set.

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
=============
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com
http://blog.syntevo.com