Subject: Re: [PATCH] Re: Gitk --all error when there are more than 797 refs in a repository

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:09:20 +0200

Murphy, John schrieb:
> Paul Mackerras writes:
> 
>> I knew about the 32k command-line limit under windows, but I don't see
>> how that applies in this case unless it is $revs that is too long (and
>> if that is the case then I don't see how your patch helps).  Is there
>> also a 32k limit on the size of data returned by a command executed
>> with [exec]?
> 
> In this case $revs is "--all"
> 
> I believe what I am experiencing is a 32K limit with [exec]

But in order to have a $revs that exceeds 32K, you would already have to
invoke gitk with a huge command line that exceeds the limit (but this is
not possible), no?

How do you run gitk?

-- Hannes