Subject: Re: gitweb atom feeds broken (on repo.or.cz only?)

From: Sebastian Pipping <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:44:14 +0200

Tay Ray Chuan wrote:
>> i noticed that the atom feeds generated by repo.or.cz's gitweb (e.g.
>> [1]) show no content in firefox 3.5.2.  this seems to be due to invalid
>> xml in it as shown by running [1] through feedvalidator, results at [2].
> 
> it's a case of a misspelled tag. In the <author> tag <B> is closed by a </b>.

It's actually a bit more, I just checked against the Relax NG schema of
Atom v11 from RFC 4287.

Neither <span> nor <b>/<B> are allowed inside <name>, and the '\n' isn't
either.  This is what we get:

=============================================================================
<author><name>&#x61;&#x6E;drea<!-- @
-->&#64;dot&#x74;out<span><B>&#46;</b></span>com</name></author>\n<icon>/git-favicon.png</icon>
=============================================================================

This would be valid:

=============================================================================
<author>
  <name>and&#x72;ea<!-- @ -->&#64;&#x64;ottout&#46;com</name>
</author>
<icon>/git-favicon.png</icon>
=============================================================================

Petr, is the e-mail crippling a repo.or.cz-only thing?

Sebastian