Subject: Re: git-svn very slow on fetch (shared git-svn repo)

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 11:00:15 +0200

Hi Eric,

> For globs (branches and tags) the $GIT_DIR/svn/.metadata
> config file, under the svn-remote.svn.{branches,tags}-maxRev keys.

Right. I found out that copying the .metadata solve this problem.

> For explicitly specified refs (e.g. "trunk"), then it's in the last
> record of the corresponding rev_map (e.g.
> $GIT_DIR/svn/trunk/.rev_map.$UUID) as a 4-byte revision number + 20
> bytes of zeroes.

Seems like we do not need to copy this one as it is reconstructed by a 
simple rebase on the trunk branch. This is quite fast as reconstructed 
from the embedded git-svn-id if I'm not mistaken.

So you confirm that copying the .metadata is the solution?

Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B