Subject: Re: Git 1.6.5 git clone unhandled exception using http protocol

From: eduard stefan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 06:36:27 +0300

> Git was compiled with msysGit, the errors are generated inside msysGit shell,
> and VS2008 debugger gives this message:
> 
> "Unhandled exception at 0x00420354 in git-remote-curl.exe:
>  0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000."

As a sidenote, 1.6.5 release crashes the same way.

After applying Shawn O. Pearce "Return of smart HTTP" patch series,
it no longer crashes, and "git clone http://github.com/loudej/spark.git" returns
"error: Unable to get pack file
http://github.com/loudej/spark.git/objects/pack/
pack-1bc121e71e2847622f814603ddb34444bfc6a16c.pack
The requested URL returned error: 502"
which seems to be more like a GitHub problem.

OTOH, cloning a local repositor serverd with mongoose works as expected:
"git clone http://192.168.194.24/test.git/"

Have a nice day,
  Eduard