Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH v2 00/16] Return of smart HTTP

From: eduard stefan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 06:45:09 +0300

Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> The series has gotten a lot larger since my last posting, but I have
> what appears to be a fully working client *AND* server implementation
> for both fetch and push, and the client should be supporting deeping
> shallow repositories over the smart variant of HTTP.
> 
> I've dropped the documentation patch from the series for now as
> I have quite a few edits queued up from folks in the last round
> (thanks for those!) that I have not yet applied.  So there is no
> point in sending that particular patch again.

I have apllied you patches on top of Git 1.6.5 release,
and they solved my http cloning crashes on windows
(msysGit environment).

Now git http cloning works just fine for local http servers,
but on GitHub I get an 502 error:
"error: Unable to get pack file
http://github.com/loudej/spark.git/objects/pack/
pack-1bc121e71e2847622f814603ddb34444bfc6a16c.pack
The requested URL returned error: 502"
which seems to be more like a GitHub problem,
since that URL returns an error when accessing it with a browser.

Have a nice day,
  Eduard