Subject: Re: ks/precompute-completion

From: A Large Angry SCM <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:29:28 -0400

Sverre Rabbelier wrote:
> Heya,
> 
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 15:20, Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> (and not make this target part of "make all")
> 
> But that I can already do through 'make contrib/completion/Makefile',
> what I want is to not have to worry about doing that whenever I update
> my git install (that is, the same way as it was before it became
> pre-computed).
> 

It seems that you want the completion script promoted out of contrib. 
Otherwise, you're asking for it to be treated special with respect to 
everything else in contrib and have the top level Makefile be aware of 
it and add it to the main targets.

The promotion I have no problem with as long as the install location is 
not somewhere where any shell will find it without a config setting in 
the user's shell. Leaving it in contrib and and adding it to top level 
Makefile, I do have a problem with.