Subject: Re: Headless tags don't have a follows or precedes?

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 10:42:07 +0100

Tim Mazid venit, vidit, dixit 01.11.2009 10:31:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> I've noticed that if I create a headless tag (one that doesn't have a
> branch, right?), when I click on that commit, it doesn't have precedes or
> follows information. Is this by design? Is there a work-around I can use
> without creating a branch there?

Reposting (without even saying so) doesn't necessarily increase your
chance of getting responses. Would would help:

- saying you're talking about gitk/git view/whatever it is you're
"clicking" on

- providing a minimal example others can reproduce. That would be one
where a tag on a detached head (assuming that's what you mean) has no
precedes/follow but a tag "on a branch" does have that info

Cheers,
Michael