Subject: Re: git-svn problem with v1.6.5

From: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:02:25 +1300

Pascal Obry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A git-svn mirror is created using Git v1.6.4. When I copy this mirror 
> into another machine which is using v1.6.5 I get the following error:
>
> $ git svn rebase
> fatal: Invalid revision range 
> d2cf08bb67e4b7da33a250127aab784f1f2f58d3..refs/remotes/svn/trunk
> rev-list --pretty=raw --no-color --reverse 
> d2cf08bb67e4b7da33a250127aab784f1f2f58d3..refs/remotes/svn/trunk --: 
> command returned error: 128
>
> Using v1.6.4 instead I have no problem. Any idea to track this problem down?
>   

Did you copy the entire directory across using rsync/tar/etc or 'git
clone' ?   You'll need to make sure that the 'refs/remotes/*' refs look
exactly the same on the clone as they did on the original import repository.

Sam