Subject: Re: git-svn problem with v1.6.5

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:28:11 +0100

Avery,

 > Is d2cf08bb67e4b7da33a250127aab784f1f2f58d3 a valid revision?  (git
 > log d2cf08bb67e4b7da33a250127aab784f1f2f58d3).

No.

 > Is refs/remotes/svn/trunk valid?  (git log refs/remotes/svn/trunk).

Yes.

 > It seems like a strange problem.

Agreed!

> You could try using git bisect to figure out which exact commit to
> git.git created the problem.

I wanted to avoid that :) Anyway, here is the culprit:

commit 6f5748e14cc5bb0a836b649fb8e2d6a5eb166f1d
Author: Adam Brewster <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Aug 11 23:14:27 2009 -0400

     svn: allow branches outside of refs/remotes

     It may be convenient for some users to store svn remote tracking
     branches outside of the refs/remotes/ heirarchy.

     To accomplish this feat, this patch includes the entire path to
     the ref in $r->{'refname'} in &read_all_remotes and tries to change
     references to this entry so the new value makes sense.

     [ew: fixed backwards compatibility, long lines]

     Signed-off-by: Adam Brewster <[email-masked]>
     Signed-off-by: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>

  git-svn.perl                     |   83 
++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
  t/lib-git-svn.sh                 |    2 +-
  t/t9104-git-svn-follow-parent.sh |   10 ++--
  t/t9107-git-svn-migrate.sh       |   14 +++----
  t/t9143-git-svn-gc.sh            |   10 ++--
  t/t9144-git-svn-old-rev_map.sh   |   31 ++++++++++++++
  6 files changed, 96 insertions(+), 54 deletions(-)

But frankly I'm no expert on Perl... I fear that I won't be able to 
debug that!

Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B