Subject: Re: Move repository from OS X to Windows

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:53:12 +0100

Thomas,

> I've cloned a very large repository on OS X and want to move that to Windows
> (trying to avoid to clone the repository a second time). What steps should I
> do to make it working (currently, I'm getting an error on pull/merge that
> "Entry 'foo' is not uptodate. Cannot merge.")?

Is that a git-svn clone?

Otherwise I do not see why you avoid a second clone. Cloning from your 
windows machine the OSX repo won't be slower than cloning from the 
original repo? Or I missed something...

If you are speaking about a git-svn clone, I understand. In this case I 
generally I just rsync the .git directory from one machine to the other:

    $ mkdir project
    $ cd project
    $ rsync -a machine:/path/to/project/.git .
    $ git reset --hard HEAD

And you are done.

Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B