Subject: Re: git-svn problem with v1.6.5

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:55:40 +0100

Eric,

> Also, any chance you have multiple refs with "trunk" in the basename?
>
>   git rev-parse --symbolic --all | grep '/trunk'

This reports:

$ git rev-parse --symbolic --all | grep '/trunk'
refs/remotes/svn/trunk

> It could be a backwards compatibility issue with git svn looking
> in multiple places for trunk.

But I have multiple trunk:

$ ls .git/svn/svn/trunk/
./  ../  .rev_map.936e1b1b-40f2-da11-902a-00137254ae57  unhandled.log

$ ls  .git/svn/refs/remotes/svn/trunk/
./  ../  .rev_map.936e1b1b-40f2-da11-902a-00137254ae57  unhandled.log

Removing all the .rev_map* fix the problem.

Removing only the one in .git/svn/refs/remotes/svn/trunk/ fix the 
problem too.

> With Adam's commit, it'll try $GIT_DIR/svn/refs/remotes/trunk/* first
> Then it'll try $GIT_DIR/svn/trunk/* as a fallback.

Does this means that it was looking first in $GIT_DIR/svn/trunk/* 
before? And the confusion come because now it is looking in 
$GIT_DIR/svn/refs/remotes/trunk/* first?

Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B