Subject: Re: git status internals and line endings

From: Marc Strapetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:08:52 +0100

> Sounds like the core.autocrlf setting (see "git help config"), which I
> believe is set by default on Windows.

I have checked both $GIT_DIR/config and ~/.gitconfig and autocrlf has
not been set. I have then set autocrlf = false for the Windows
repository and still the file didn't show up as modified. On Linux, I've
added autocrlf = true (resp. autocrlf = input) for the repository and
still the file shows up as modified. Not that I don't like this
behavior, but I don't understand it :) Windows Git version is 1.6.5.1,
Linux version is 1.6.3.3.

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz
=============
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com
http://blog.syntevo.com

Jeff King wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 09:32:14PM +0100, Marc Strapetz wrote:
> 
>> On Linux, file1 and file3 are reported as modified -- as I would expect.
>> The surprise is on Windows: here only file1 is reported as modified. Why
>> not file3? Btw, 'git hash-object file3' reports the same SHA as for the
>> LF-only content in the repository (not so on Linux, as expected).
>>
>> Is this some special handling on Windows (and possibly on Mac OS)? In
>> this case, can someone please point me to the corresponding code part?
>> Thanks for any comments regarding this topic.
> 
> Sounds like the core.autocrlf setting (see "git help config"), which I
> believe is set by default on Windows.
> 
> -Peff
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
> the body of a message to [email-masked]
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> 
>