Subject: Re: Question about "git pull --rebase"

From: Johan 't Hart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:32:09 +0100

Junio C Hamano schreef:
> Johan 't Hart <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> I've been somehow confused by the git-pull man page, which says:
>>>
>>>   A parameter <ref> without a colon is equivalent to <ref>: when
>>>   pulling/fetching, so it merges <ref> into the current branch without
>>>   storing the remote branch anywhere locally
>>>

> Thanks for clearing it up.
> 
> I was puzzled by the above pointing-finger because I wanted to see where a
> misinformation originated from to fix it at the source.  But still don't
> see anything wrong with it.
>

My guess is that he was confused by '<ref>:' not meaning '<ref>:<ref>'. 
But I can't speak for him ofcource :)

Refspecs confused me too at the beginning... But knowing more and more 
about git, it seems that this part of the docs look OK to me.. At most 
an example might make things a little more clear, but I doubt it is 
necessary.