Subject: serf causing "temp file with moniker 'svn_delta' already in use"?

From: Blair Zajac <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:55:23 -0800

I've seen some reports of the following error using git svn and encountered it 
myself with git 1.6.5.2 with Subversion 1.6.5:

Temp file with moniker 'svn_delta' already in use at 
/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/Git.pm line 1022.

In Googling around I seen other people discussing the issue but with no real 
root cause.

I'm guessing that it may be due to an API violation of the Subversion RA editors 
when Serf is used:

http://subversion.tigris.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=2932
http://n2.nabble.com/git-svn-fails-to-fetch-repository-td2151475.html

I can generate the above error on demand with Serf but if I switch to Neon then 
everything works fine.  People may be using Serf because they compiled 
Subversion with Serf and without Neon or instructed Subversion to use Serf 
instead by this setting in their ~/.subversion/servers:

[global]
http-library = serf

I haven't looked at this issue beyond being able to reproduce it with Serf and 
without Neon, but hope this gives some direction to the issue.

This bug may get fixed in Subversion as we want to move to Serf as the default 
HTTP client away from Neon and this is one of the outstanding issues before 
making that switch.

Regards,
Blair