Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] codeBeamer MR - Easy ACL for Git

From: Intland Software <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:19:13 +0100

Thanks for your comments, Petr.

Petr Baudis wrote:
>> LEARN MORE & DOWNLOAD
>> More details, screenshots and downloads:
>> http://www.intland.com/products/cb-mr/overview.html
> 
> Interesting, thank you for the announcement; it would be good to note
> that it's not open-source.
  That's right, codeBeamer MR is not open source.
  More precisely: parts of the source code are actually open, including
the wiki plugins and the remote clients, for instance. The core source
is closed, because the same core is also used in our commercial offerings, and
our commercial license doesn't (currently) allow publishing the
complete code. We have quite some large customers from the defense space
that would not be happy if we opened everything ;)

  We are currently in the midst of rethinking our licensing scheme
in general, to make things more liberal or to set up some kind of a
dual license.

> I think a lot of people wonder now, how does this compare to existing
> solutions; from your announcement I thought it's something like
> Gitosis/Gitolite, but in fact it seems more similar to Gitorious or
> GitHub (if it was publicly available, of course); perhaps it would be
> good idea to present comparison to these on the project homepage.
  Good point. More on this later.
---
  Intland