Subject: jgit problems for file paths with non-ASCII characters

From: Marc Strapetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:47:25 +0100

I have noticed that jgit converts file paths to UTF-8 when querying the
repository. Especially,
org.eclipse.jgit.treewalk.filter.PathFilter#PathFilter performs this
conversion:

  private PathFilter(final String s) {
    pathStr = s;
    pathRaw = Constants.encode(pathStr);
  }

Because of this conversion, a TreeWalk fails to identify a file with
German umlauts. When using platform encoding to convert the file path to
bytes:

  private PathFilter(final String s) {
    pathStr = s;
    pathRaw = s.getBytes();
  }

the TreeWalk works as expected. Actually, the file path seems to be
stored with platform encoding in the repository.

Is this a bug or a misconfiguration of my repository? I'm using jgit
(commit e16af839e8a0cc01c52d3648d2d28e4cb915f80f) on Windows.

Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz
=============
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com
http://blog.syntevo.com