Subject: Re: non-US-ASCII file names (e.g. Hiragana) on Windows

From: Thomas Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 19:55:06 +0100

Jakub Narebski wrote:
> If you use Git from Java, why don't you just use JGit (www.jgit.org),
> which is Git implementation in Java?

We are using JGit for the read-only stuff and the Git command line
executable for all writing commands. We very much appreciate Shawn O.
Pearce' (and the other JGit developers') effort, but Git is a fast moving
target and (much) more complex than CVS or SVN, for which we use Java
libraries communicating with the corresponding server which adds another
sanity layer to the repository making repository corruption less likely than
direct access.

-- 
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
=============
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com
http://blog.syntevo.com