Subject: cannot pread pack file

From: "Steven A. Falco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 11:25:37 -0500

We have been using git for a year or two now, and suddenly, one
of our users got the error message:

fatal: cannot pread pack file: No such file or directory
fatal: index-pack failed

while doing a git-pull.  We are using git version git-1.6.5.5.

I tried doing a "git fsck --full" on his repository and on the
one he is trying to pull from, and neither shows any error.

If I clone his repository, the clone also gets the error message
when trying to pull.

I can pull from him, but if he pulls from me, he gets the error
message.

This is worrying, because the fsck doesn't show an error, but
clearly something is wrong.

Is there anything further I can try to determine why his repo
is unable to pull?

	Thanks,
	Steve

-- 
A: Because it makes the logic of the discussion difficult to follow.
Q: Why shouldn't I top post?
A: No.
Q: Should I top post?