Subject: [BUG REPORT] git-svn fails to create branches if ssh+svn gets used as protocol.

From: Florian Köberle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:53:52 +0100

Hello

I haven't seen a link to a bug tracker so I am sending this bug report
to the mailing list, I hope it's okay.

If you try to run
$ git svn branch foo
in a project using a svn+ssh url, you get the following error log:

Copying svn+ssh://example.org/svn/project/trunk at r1000 to
svn+ssh://[email-masked]/svn/project/branches/foo...
Trying to use an unsupported feature: Source and dest appear not to be
in the same repository (src: 'svn+ssh://example.org/svn/project/trunk';
dst: 'svn+ssh://[email-masked]/svn/project/branches/foo') at
/home/florian/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 722

It fails as the username is missing in the source url. If you modify the
git-svn script and add the username it works. The bug can be reproduced
with git-svn version 1.6.5.7 (svn 1.5.1).

Best regards,
Florian