Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jan 2010, #01; Mon, 04)

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 17:29:26 +0100

Junio C Hamano schrieb:
> * jk/run-command-use-shell (2010-01-01) 8 commits
>  - t4030, t4031: work around bogus MSYS bash path conversion
>  - t0021: use $SHELL_PATH for the filter script
>  - diff: run external diff helper with shell
>  - textconv: use shell to run helper
>  - editor: use run_command's shell feature
>  - run-command: optimize out useless shell calls
>  - run-command: convert simple callsites to use_shell
>  - run-command: add "use shell" option

Two notes about this:

1. My patch "t0021:..." contains an unrelated change to t4030 (it changes 
a /bin/sh to $SHELL_PATH) that is not necessary. I included it in my first 
version of the patch, but later noticed that we already have many similar 
uses of /bin/sh instead of $SHELL_PATH in test scriptlets and decided to 
remove the change, but I only changed the commit message and forgot to 
unstage t4030.

2. If you intend to merge the early part of the topic to master early and 
hold "diff:..." and "textconv:..." in next a bit longer (as proposed by 
Jeff), then you should move "t0021:..." after "run-command: optimize out 
useless shell calls".

Thanks,
-- Hannes