Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jan 2010, #01; Mon, 04)

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 21:49:14 +0100

Junio C Hamano schrieb:
> While you are technically correct that the change you made in t4030 is not
> justified by the commit log message in the sense that the "hexdump" script
> will go through run_command() interface and is not subject to the special
> rules filter writers need to keep in mind, the patch text itself is a good
> change, isn't it?

The patch text is good, but since it will not make a difference (and there 
are a ton of other places that use /bin/sh successfully), the change is 
not warrented at this time, IMO.

> As "run-command: convert simple callsites to use_shell" is the one that
> changes the filter_buffer(), do you want to have t0021 patch before that
> one, to prepare the test for the coming change?

Well, the test will break on Windows only after "run-command: optimize out 
useless shell calls", and I wrote the commit message accordingly. If you 
move it before that one (and if you are picky) the commit message should 
be changed as well.

-- Hannes