Subject: Possible bug in git-completion.sh

From: Jon Schewe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 09:17:07 -0600

If I create a directory "build" at the top of my git repository and then
add it to .gitignore, git behaves as expected and ignores the build
directory when checking status. Now git-completion.sh has some issues. I
have GIT_PS1_SHOWUNTRACKEDFILES to "1", so that I will be notified when
there are untracked files in my working directory. When I'm in the
top-level directory my prompt looks like expected, no '%'. However if I
change to the build directory I get a '%', even though git status shows
no untracked files. I see that git-completion.sh is using git ls-files
to check this and that function does indeed show output when in my build
directory. So the question here: Is git-completion.sh using ls-files
improperly or is ls-files behaving improperly?

-- 
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital
signature. See http://www.gnupg.org for more information.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39