Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 3/3] Smart-http tests: Test http-backend without curl or a webserver

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 06:27:52 +0100

Tarmigan Casebolt wrote:
> This reuses many of the tests from the old t5560 but runs those tests
> without curl or a webserver.  This will hopefully increase the testing
> coverage for http-backend because it does not require users to set
> GIT_TEST_HTTPD.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Tarmigan Casebolt <[email-masked]>

I'm not sure which version of this patch is currently committed, but in
any case test t/t5560-http-backend-noserver.sh is broken for me in
"next".  According to git-bisect, the guilty commit is

fd0a8c2e6428acb883bf4707de54b3e026c57455 'Smart-http tests: Test
http-backend without curl or a webserver'

I'm not familiar with this part of the code and I haven't done any
special setup (e.g., I have not set GIT_TEST_HTTPD, whatever that is).
Simply checking out, "make"ing, then running
t5560-http-backend-noserver.sh results in 13/14 failures starting with
test 2:

> 
> * expecting success: 
> 	log_div "refs/heads/master"
> 	GET refs/heads/master "404 Not Found"
> 
> --- exp	2010-01-14 05:21:34.000000000 +0000
> +++ act	2010-01-14 05:21:34.000000000 +0000
> @@ -1 +1 @@
> -Status: 404 Not Found
> +Status: 500 Internal Server Error
> * FAIL 2: direct refs/heads/master not found

This failure is on Ubuntu Linux 8.04 "hardy".

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if you would like
any more information.

Michael