Subject: Re: [RFC] Git Wiki Move

From: "J.H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:05:26 -0800

On 01/15/2010 03:50 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Sverre Rabbelier <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 00:18, J.H. <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Quick update - I think I've got the vast majority of the obvious and
>>> simple to correct problems fixed at http://git.wiki.kernel.org anyone
>>> want to run through and see if there's anything else that would be
>>> considered a show stopper?
>>
>> I'd say it's pretty embarassing if our FAQ [0] is broken.
> 
> Many "<<GitLink(foobar}}" in the FAQ page do seem like result of
> mechanical misconversion.
> 
> John, thanks for doing this.  If people fix things up manually, can they
> expect their fixes will be kept from now on, iow, the changes will not be
> overwritten by "Ok, I found a much better mechanical conversion tool and
> updated with the latest snapshot from the original wiki" in the future?

I have no intention of re-converting the data, so yes fixups will not be
squashed.  I've got a small bot script right now that if there's a
change that needs to happen pretty universally across the entirety wiki
it can be run (it's written in perl, reads in the page text, runs the
conversion and re-uploads it), so if there's something that's
particularly repetitive people can get me some code that would fix the
problem.

So again short answer: I'm at the point where I'd rather clean-up what
we've got then try and re-import the data.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley