Subject: [PATCH 0/4] misc. msvc patches

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:19:26 +0000

Hi Junio,

Since we can now build git on Cygwin using msvc, I've been looking to
suppress the *many* compiler warnings issued by msvc; OK I haven't been
trying too hard, since Windows is not my main platform and msvc is not
my primary compiler! ;-)  However, every little helps...

The following patches have been hanging around for several weeks, so I
decided to pass them on now rather than wait until I get around to finishing
the other patches.

[PATCH 1/4] engine.pl: Fix a recent breakage of the buildsystem generator
[PATCH 2/4] msvc: Fix an "unrecognized option" linker warning
[PATCH 3/4] msvc: Fix a compiler warning due to an incorrect pointer cast
[PATCH 4/4] msvc: Add a definition of NORETURN compatible with msvc compiler

These patches remove 86 warnings for me (84 of those due to patch #4).

I have another (small) patch which avoids 109 further warnings, but I
want to provide an alternative solution; this solution is currently a
4 patch series which only removes about 60 warnings so far...

ATB,
Ramsay Jones