Subject: Re: Fix signal handler

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:53:44 +0100

On 02/03/2010 04:46 PM, Markus Elfring wrote:
> 
>>
>> So why don't you post patches (either fixes or testcases exhibiting
>> the issue) instead of more mails containing the same points?
>>
> 
> I try to get a feeling about acceptance for update suggestions before
> they can be expressed in the target programming language.

The general feeling on this list is that patches are listened to, no
matter how foul they are, and you will get a (hopefully) polite
rejection if it is considered useless because it addresses a problem
that doesn't exist.

Suggestions that others do a lot of work is generally not listened
to.

> The "correct" wording in the source code might become more work than you
> might agree with.
> 

Since you're the only one really interested in this, you'll be the
one doing the work. If you do that work well and submit your patch(es)
by the git patch submission standards, screening them for useless
code churn is but a moments work.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.