Subject: Re: Completion of error handling

From: Markus Elfring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:08:35 +0100

>
> What is the likelihood for those function calls to actually fail?
>   

How do you think about the usual design choices that are described in
the article "Exception Handling Alternatives" by Detlef Vollmann.
http://accu.org/index.php/journals/546

I propose to write pointcuts for all functions that can return values.
Some corresponding error codes are checked already. But there a places
in the source files with open issues for complete software robustness.

Are there any chances to encapsulate more cross-cutting concerns as
reusable aspects?

Would you like to integrate tools like the following into your software
development process?
- AspectC++
  http://aspectc.org/

- ACC
 
http://research.msrg.utoronto.ca/ACC/Tutorial#A_Reusable_Aspect_for_Memory_All

- Coccinelle
  http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/

Regards,
Markus