Subject: Re: RFD: git-bzr: anyone interested?

From: Gabriel Filion <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:43:28 -0500

On 2010-02-20 08:58, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Gabriel Filion <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I started collaborating on a script on github that tries to bring
>> bidirectional integration of git with Bazaar repositories. It is the
>> script originally written in ruby by Pieter de Bie and converted to a
>> shell script. You can find it here:
>>
>> http://github.com/kfish/git-bzr
>>
>> There is probably much left to be done to call this script functional.
>> Currently, it is possible to fetch revisions in a local branch, but I've
>> had problems with pushing revisions.
>>
>> So, first things first: in order to make this thing see some substantial
>> progress, I will surely need help from people who are well acquainted
>> with git's internal plumbing, people from git-svn for their valuable
>> experience with extraneous vcs integration and also with people
>> acquainted with bzr's inner workings.
>>
>> Is there any interest from people of this mailing list to see this
>> script make it to a usable state?
>> If so, having some code review would be more than good. What do you
>> recommend on doing: using this mailing list or putting one up that would
>> be specific to the project?
> 
> I'm interested in a tool that's fast (uses git fast-import). Is that planned?
> 
I would like to have as much, but in the context of Bazaar interaction,
I'm afraid the performance bottleneck will be actually invoking bzr (for
now, supposing this is the only way to do things). I'll start work on a
bzr remote helper shortly and will post a url to my github repos. If you
want to help in developing the remote helper and later optimizing its
performance, I'll be more than happy about it.

-- 
Gabriel Filion