Subject: Re: [BUG?] Re: fail to svn clone debian's kernel repository

From: Sebastian Pipping <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 03:03:19 +0100

On 03/03/10 15:33, Thomas Rast wrote:
> Combining this fix with the above config results in correct
> "continuous" history of trunk, whereas merely using the config above
> results in a disconnect at the move.

Thanks for your time to look into that!

After applying your ideas (which seem to work well) I end up with:
==================================================================
git svn init file://"${ABS_SVN_SOURCE}"
git config svn-remote.svn.fetch 'trunk:refs/remotes/trunk@1889'
git svn fetch -r1:1889
git svn init file://"${ABS_SVN_SOURCE}" \
  --trunk=main/trunk
git config svn-remote.svn.tags 'main/tags/*:refs/tags/*'
git config svn-remote.svn.branches 'main/branches/*:refs/heads/*'
git svn fetch -r1890:HEAD
==================================================================

.git/config holds:
==================================================================
[..]
[svn-remote "svn"]
        url = file:///[..]/portage-anon-svn-repo-dump
        fetch = trunk:refs/remotes/trunk@1889
        fetch = main/trunk:refs/remotes/trunk
        tags = main/tags/*:refs/tags/*
        branches = main/branches/*:refs/heads/*
==================================================================

Thought I'd paste that if anybody else is interested.

Sebastian