Subject: Re: Tree with leading '0' modes in 1.7.0.3

From: A Large Angry SCM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 19:28:28 -0400

Sitaram Chamarty wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 1:14 AM, A Large Angry SCM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> My combined repository also includes Scott's progit book and examples
>> repositories. I'm guessing that git-fsck did not limit itself to just the
>> object reachable from the torvalds/linux-2.6/master ref.
> 
> <struck speechless>
> 
> You have *one* repo containing both Scott's book and the Linux kernel
> tree?  "large angry SCM" is probably an understatement then... any SCM
> has the right to be angry mixing up things that are so unrelated!
> 
> Or did I totally, *totally* misunderstand...?
> 

You understood correctly. I use that repository to track activities in a 
number of different but related projects/communities. Scott's stuff has 
since been purged until he fixes the corruption.