Subject: [PATCH] Documentation: clarify grammar

From: Yawar Amin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:28:27 -0400

Parenthesize the mention of the git protocol to make it clear that
`former' and `latter' refer to the standard SSH syntax and the
alternate SCP-like syntax, rather than the SSH protocol and git
protocol.

Signed-off-by: Yawar Amin <[email-masked]>
---
 Please Cc replies to me, thanks.

 Documentation/urls.txt |    2 +-
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/urls.txt b/Documentation/urls.txt
index 459a394..29ded16 100644
--- a/Documentation/urls.txt
+++ b/Documentation/urls.txt
@@ -17,7 +17,7 @@ to name the remote repository:
 SSH is the default transport protocol over the network.  You can
 optionally specify which user to log-in as, and an alternate,
 scp-like syntax is also supported.  Both syntaxes support
-username expansion, as does the native git protocol, but
+username expansion (as does the native git protocol) but
 only the former supports port specification. The following
 three are identical to the last three above, respectively:
 
-- 
1.7.0.2