Subject: Re: Update on SoC proposal: git-remote-svn

From: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:34:32 +1200

Ramkumar Ramachandra wrote:
>> Hi Ramkumar, I've looked at this proposal and seen that it differs a
>> bit from the version on the list, and I can't see the relevant
>> discussion, so I'll just throw my bit in here - though note this is a
>> technical comment and not a critique of your proposal.
>>     
>
> There's been a lot of discussion, some on the list, and some more off
> the list.
>   

Right, that will be why :-).  No problem, apologies for not catching the
earlier discussion.  It's good to hear that you have collectively
reached a very similar design to the one indicated from my perforce
importer experiment (SVN is of course, a poor imitation of Perforce in
many ways).

>> Anyway like I say, please follow-up on the mailing list, and this
>> advice can receive wider scrutiny.
>>     
>
> Thank you for your valuable comment!
>   

No problem at all.  I will watch the development of this project with
interest.

All the best,
Sam