Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 5/5] describe: Break annotated tag ties by tagger date

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:27:30 +0200

On 04/13/2010 01:25 AM, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> If more than one annotated tag points at the same commit, use the
> tag whose tagger field has a more recent date stamp.  This resolves
> non-deterministic cases where the maintainer has done:
> 
>    $ git tag -a -m "2.1-rc1" v2.1-rc1  deadbeef
>    $ git tag -a -m "2.1"     v2.1      deadbeef
> 

We use this patch-series in our buildsystem, where we just now
tagged about 14 projects as stable (on top of an earlier beta tag).
Everything's working just fine, so...

Tested-By: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>

Thanks a lot, Shawn.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.