Subject: Re: [PATCH] Update based on suggestions by Petr Baudis

From: Matthias Andree <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 01:16:51 +0200

Am 23.04.2010 01:13, schrieb Eric Raymond:
> Matthias Andree <[email-masked]>:
>> Am 22.04.2010 22:57, schrieb Eric Raymond:
>>
>>> Something seems to be randomly eating my patch sends.
>>
>> No, it's not. Your earlier version arrived, but triggered a response by
>> Nicolas Pitre.  You need to read and heed relevant messages that follow
>> up your patches.
>>
>> See <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/145497> for
>> a copy of the followup you've missed and follow the instructions.
> 
> Am doing so.  I'll resubmit a third time attempting to get all
> information in proper form.
> 
> I thought my patch had been eaten because I looked in two different
> archive locations for the list and didn't find the post.  What is the
> typical archiving lag for this list?

Dunno, I'm subscribed to the git@ list and thus get copies of my own
messages.

vger.kernel.org (the list driver) however is selective (just like the
probe in the Star Trek movie) and easily unsubscribes people if anything
smells remotely fishy to their mail setup.

If you're still subscribed, is there a rampant duplicate mail suppressor
(for instance from antediluvian procmail installations) on your end?  I
found those do more harm than good.

HTH
Matthias