Subject: Re: [http] Git error messages reveal password encoded in the URL

From: Ketan Padegaonkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:25:43 -0700

On 7/19/10 2:16 PM, Jacob Helwig wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 14:10, Jakub Narebski<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>> Dnia poniedziałek 19. lipca 2010 23:05, Jacob Helwig napisał:
>>> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 14:02, Jakub Narebski<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>>> Ketan Padegaonkar<[email-masked]>  writes:
>>>>
>>>>> We use http to serve our git repos, in order for git to not ask me a
>>>>> username/password everytime,

Apologies. I used the wrong punctuation. It should read as:

We use https+basic auth to serve up git repos. Unfortunately SSH is not 
an option for various reasons.

In order for git to not ask me the username/password, I 'encoded' the 
username/password into the url.

I'm using git v1.7.1.1 on MacOSX Leopard. I can see the same behavior on 
master (rev 24e7a5).

-- 
Ketan
http://ketan.padegaonkar.name | http://eclipse.org/swtbot