Subject: Re: Avery Pennarun's git-subtree?

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:10:59 +0200

Am 22.07.2010 23:33, schrieb Avery Pennarun:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> But it's also clear that we have a lot of tribal knowledge about the
>> lackings of git submodule / git subtree. It would be *really* useful
>> if people like Avery and Jens which have obviously thought hard about
>> the submodule/subtree issues would draft up some (calmly written) docs
>> about how the two differ (with comparison tables etc.).
>>
>> That'd be a very helpful resource for Git users in deciding which one
>> to use.
> 
> I think I'm too biased to write that, but if someone else wants to
> take the lead, I could certainly contribute.

While I don't consider myself biased, I just don't know enough about
the details of the subtree approach to write that.

But I would certainly contribute to the submodule side of such a
document too.