Subject: windows smoke tester (was Re: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2010, #02; Wed, 11))

From: Chris Packham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:19:12 -0700

On 12/08/10 11:35, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 17:34, Chris Packham <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> I've got a spare windows box at work I could set something up on it.
>> I've never used msysgit or MinGW so I might need some instructions/links
>> on that in addition to the smoker stuff.
> 
> I won't be able to help you there, sorry. I know Windows about as well
> as IBM z/OS, which is to say not at all :)

I've got msysgit installed now via the net installer. I checked out
Avar's (Aevar?) branch One problem is that I don't have any of the perl
TAP modules. It's complaining about TAP/Harness/Archive.pm. Any
suggestions for installing additional perl modules under msysgit?

Another problem is that the mingw sh.exe is _really_ slow (the box is an
oldish Dell Latitude). It took a while for the net installer to run and
compile the devel branch but it got there eventually. It's not a huge
issue for me as the box is sitting idle but any suggestions for making
it run a bit smoother are welcome.