Subject: Re: gitk: Removing Stacked Git branches from the --all view

From: Chris Packham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:23:29 -0700

On 16/08/10 23:02, Joshua Jensen wrote:
>  I often run 'gitk --all'.  It works great until I introduce Stacked Git
> into the equation.  StGit uses branches called branchname.stgit for
> various metadata.  The metadata turns into an ugly mess with gitk --all.
> 
> I've been playing around with various 'git log' options, but I'm not
> finding one that gives me the gitk --all view as if StGit were never
> attached to the repository.  (Speaking of StGit and apps that store
> metadata in branches... it would be awesome to have a filter that knocks
> those branches out of ALL views of the data.)
> 
> Would someone mind helping me out?
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> Josh

One thing I found was 'stg log --clear' (I'm running a newish version
direct from the stgit repo but I think it should be there in stgit
0.15). It gets rid of a lot (but not all) of the extra objects that
pollute the 'gitk --all' output.

One word of caution is that the Stack Git log has saved me from losing
work when I've done something bone headed so I tend to clear the log
only when I'm sure I've got everything I need committed upstream.