Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2010, #04; Wed, 18)

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:06:55 +0200

Am 8/19/2010 5:02, schrieb Jonathan Nieder:
> Junio C Hamano wrote:
> 
>> * ab/compat-regex (2010-08-17) 5 commits
>>  - autoconf: don't use platform regex if it lacks REG_STARTEND
>>  - t/t7008-grep-binary.sh: un-TODO a test that needs REG_STARTEND
>>  - Change regerror() declaration from K&R style to ANSI C (C89)
>>  - compat/regex: get the gawk regex engine to compile within git
>>  - compat/regex: use the regex engine from gawk for compat
> 
> As Hannes noticed, the tip commit is bogus and the configure
> test gives the wrong result on platforms with missing or inferior
> regex.  Sorry about that.  Replacement is at $gmane/153782.

and I see these warnings:

In file included from compat/regex/regex.c:71:
compat/regex/regex_internal.c: In function 're_string_reconstruct':
compat/regex/regex_internal.c:696: warning: unused variable 'prev_valid_len'
In file included from compat/regex/regex.c:78:
compat/regex/regexec.c: In function 'check_arrival_add_next_nodes':
compat/regex/regexec.c:3062: warning: unused variable 'err'

This happens because RE_ENABLE_I18N is not defined by regex_internal.h. Is
this how it is supposed to be?

-- Hannes